Tuesday, January 15, 2008

quick update

I figured you'd probably wonder about the title - well it's pretty much self-explanatory. so there.

No, in all seriousness, it is something that reflects my experiences. I've lived in African cities all my life and I currently live in New York (City of the World?) which everyone falls in love with sometime. and while I don't envision myself living here for the rest of my life (Africa - she calls for me in the middle of the night), I'll be here for awhile. I'd like to think of Africa as needing (and indeed having) a new breed of post-modern leaders, artists, citizens etc. Of course this will be a personal blog and so reflect my new understanding of my beloved continent in the context of the most quintessential (arguable, no doubt) city. I hope in due time to have more than one contributor to this blog and hopefully that network will extend to other cities in the world and, especially, in Africa. While this blog will indeed focus on the African perspective or the African diaspora, it is my hope that it will reflect our common bonds. Well, that's it in a nutshell - doesn't really explain much about the title or the nature of this blog or anything. Suffice it to say, its complicated and will hopefully be elucidated as time goes by. That's my more humane, more optimistic side of things.

The other side thinks that this blog, its owner and its readers (currently numbering zero) should just...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool